Saturday, August 12, 2006

My dream job


Today was a really fine day for a wedding. Not too hot and a little breeze. The people were really nice too. That always helps. For me it is always a relief when I have a couple that isn't a fundamental Christian. The people were "spiritual" and that was evident in their attitudes to everything. The couple had a severely disabled child that had a 10 month old maturity in a 10 year old body. He was part of the service and I took picture like crazy of him. It is hard to get these photos but my work with disabled people has helped me to sort of think on the run and out of the box as well. Many people are put off by a severely retarded child but that is simply a short coming that I find hard to excuse.

I looked at this little guy (Jim) and he was really blessed to have such a group of people that are devoted to his care. My daughter Sara's youngest son, Sam, has now been diagnosed with Autism. He is by comparison to Jim quite high functioning and at first glance you would not know he has a developmental disabiliy. I guess we are lucky and so is Sam because in spite of his illness he can still live a full life.

So I have another really nice wedding under my belt. Next week will be the 3rd in as many weeks. This month was a personal best. Three weddings in one month is great. Now if I can just get one more before month end...that would be sweet. This is truly my dream job. If I could shoot for a living I would be very happy. I guess I will just have to put that request out there in hopes that it comes back to me. the picture I have included today is from a different wedding earlier this summer. This little girl was playing with Elsie's hat collection. Cute

1 Comments:

Blogger A Wild Celtic Rose said...

One of my favorite pictures in the world is one that you took of Mich and I at her wedding.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home