Things are looking up

It is nice that things seems to be getting better. I don't know how but they are. I still am frozen and unable to write physically in my journal. I feel like a deer frozen in headlights. Ah the joys of unemployment. It seems while I was educating myself I was undermining my work history with the sin of "employment gaps". So much for education making you more marketable in the job market.
It seems that more and more I am put back onto my creative endeavors to be able to make a "living". Hard to feel like it is legitimate work. Although after shooting solid for 3 hours at a wedding it definately feels like work to me. Each job I interview for I am hopeful and I feel like my interviews go well but I have a sneaky suspision that someone thinner, younger and cuter is going to get the job. Perhaps I should just take a job at McDonald's.
Okay, so I have whined enough now and I will acknowledge that there are many others that are in the same boat as me. I find that cold comfort and I hardly need company in my unemployed status. Fortunately the weddings keep trickling in so I am able to just by. The wedding fundage is supposed to be gravy money but at least I am 100% making it on my own. I just keep trudging along.
On a lighter note, I have spent time with a wonderful group of people that seem centered enough to be real in their pursuit of creator. They have this wonderful energy and judging by the connection we made last night the energy is high. I think I will stick with this group for awhile and see where it goes. I look forward to our next circle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home